“It’s a very special profession in that way – that you don’t really understand it unless you’re in it!” – Andrea Burke
Fast Facts about Andrea Burke
- Full Name: Andrea M. Burke
- Years teaching: 14
- Grade(s) taught: 5-7
- Current position: Dean of Students
- City, State: Los Angeles, CA
- What are your favorite teacher resources?
Class Dojo, readwritethink.org, Achieve 3,000 or Newsela, Google Classroom, Donors Choose, Think it Up!, Pinterest, Weo-io, and Scholastic Book Clubs.
- Noteworthy teacher conference: ISTE!
- How can new teachers follow up with you? email@example.com or @00dreday00 on Twitter.
- Why teach? To bring equity and quality to education in our Los Angeles schools!
- Favorite books?
- Personal: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, by Better Smith
- Professional: The First Days of School: How to be an Effective Teacher, by Harry Wong